1. Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us
When you create a GBP account, we’ll collect some important details about you such as your name, address, phone number, email, birth date, password, etc.
When you link a bank account, we’ll need to collect the account/routing numbers and related account information. As GBP adds additional features, you may also be prompted to provide additional information.
Sometimes we need to request more information to verify your identity or to meet legal and regulatory obligations. When that is necessary, you will be prompted to provide such information.
In the event that GBP integrates with other platforms, you may be prompted from time too time to grant GBP access to additional information from such platform (or grant such partner platform access to information you have provided to GBP). For example, if GBP implements an integration with a social media platform, you would have the option of linking your account on that platform to GBP in order to streamline the signup process, populate your contact list or other specified purposes.
What is Automatically Collected
There is some information that is automatically collected as you use GBP. This information allows us to deliver cool new features, more easily handle your customer support issues and better protect your account. This information includes:
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, including the type of device (Computer vs. iPhone vs. Android), operating system, mobile phone number, browser type and language, and device identifiers (such as IMEI and MAC address).
- Location Information. With your permission, we collect your device location so that we can offer you location-based features such as the ability to send funds to nearby GBP users.
- Message Content. If you include a message with your payments, the content of that message could be stored and accessible to GBP.
- Transactions. We collect information about your payment activity such as the amount, date, time, recipient for each transaction.
2. Protecting Your Information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that is associated with you or can be used to identify you. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized.
3. How We Use Your Information
We collect all of this information so that we can provide you with a safe and seamless way to make and receive payments. The information we collect allows us to:
- Deliver the full range of payments and functionality of the GBP product;
- Keep in touch with you – whether it be for providing customer service, notifying you of cool new features that have been added to the mobile apps, or providing security notices or information;
- Verify your identity so that we can prevent fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Improve GBP or add new product features by analyzing usage trends;
- Personalize the GBP experience by matching product features to things that we think you specifically might be interested in; and
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Services, as well as our content and advertising.
4. How We Share Your Information
Sharing With Third Parties
In order to provide you with the GBP product and meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we may share the information we collect as detailed below:
- In order to prevent fraud, we will sometimes need to share your information with third party identity verification services. This lets us make sure you are who you say you are, by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third party databases.
- In order to improve GBP’s functionality, we will sometimes share information with service providers that help us analyze how people are using the app. This allows us to refine popular features and improve or eliminate features people don’t use.
- As a regulated financial industry, we may need to share your information with law enforcement or government officials. We will only do this when we are compelled to do so by a specific regulation, subpoena, court order or formal request, or we otherwise believe in good faith that we need to share such information to prevent physical harm, financial loss, or are obligated to report illegal activity.
- GBP allows you to send and receive money with customers of GBP affiliates, Green Bean Pay, LLC. In order to complete these transactions, we will need to share information regarding your account with those other GBP entities in order to complete such transaction and allow them to meet their legal and regulatory obligations.
- From time to time GBP may partner with other companies (“Partners”) to allow you to send and receive money with individuals that are customers of such Partners and not GBP. In order to complete these transactions, we will need to share information regarding your account (such as name, email address, phone number and date of birth) with the applicable Partner so they can meet their legal and regulatory obligations. Your information will only be shared with such Partners to the extent you actually transact or interact with customers of such Partner.
- In order to complete third-party financial, technical and legal audits of GBP’s operations, we may need to share information about your account as part of such review.
- We will share your information with other third parties if you specifically authorize us to do so.
Sharing With Other GBP Users
In order to make GBP payments about more than just sending money from A to B, we will share additional information with other GBP users, but only to the extent that you give us permission to do so. This information includes:
- Transaction Details. At the risk of stating the obvious, when you send someone a payment or payment request, they will be provided with the details of that transaction, including the payment amount, currency, date, time and a unique transaction ID number.
- Messages & Documents. If you attach a message or photo, document or other media too a payment, payment request or other communication using GBP, that information will be visible to the person(s) receiving the payment. You should know that the recipient of a message or photo (or other media) can always save them – so don’t send anything you wouldn’t want to be shared publicly.
- Your Identity & Photo. In order for other GBP users to transact with you (sending money, receiving money, requesting money, etc.) they will be able to see your full legal name. If you upload a profile photo or avatar to your account, this will also be visible to other GBP users. If GBP adds additional features that allow you to share more identity information, further information may be shared if you opt into such features.
- Location. If you have your location enabled in your settings, the location from which a payment was initiated may be visible to the recipient. This also lets other users take advantage of the “nearby users” function, which makes it easier for them to send you a payment if you’re nearby and not otherwise in their contacts.
- Other Information. As we add new product features, there may be additional information that is shared with other GBP users. If those new features require sharing any personal information, we’ll always get your permission first and will do our best to allow you to disable such features in your account settings. We’ll also provide information to other GBP users if you specifically request that we share such information.
5. How To Change or Delete Your Information
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last
If you need to add or change any information, you can just log in to your GBP account and make the change in your settings. If it doesn’t look like you can make the change on your own, just reach out to Support and we’ll take care of it.
If you want to know what information we’re keeping on you, check out the categories listed above. We can also provide you with a copy of this information, but we won’t include any sensitive financial information.
If you want to close your GBP account, know that as a regulated financial industry we are required to retain certain information you have provided for a number of years.
6. Children’s privacy
Unfortunately, if you’re under 18, you can’t use GBP. So we don’t knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under 18. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we’ll delete it immediately.
7. Privacy Shield
You may contact us regarding the Privacy Shield, including requests to access your personal information that is retained by GBP, via the Support link in the “Questions?” section below. GBP commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by the DPA panel with regard to personal information transferred from the EU to the United States. The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over GBP’s compliance with the Privacy Shield. In certain circumstances, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration with respect to adherence to the Privacy Shield. If GBP shares personal information with certain third parties, GBP may be liable if those parties process that information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles. GBP may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.